Friday 5 June 2015

Lyrique Journal Entry#4: What effect does this book have on me? Does it excite me, confuse me, bore me? If so, why?

I like this book, because it has an interesting plot line, it's exciting in the sense that it takes place in a possible future, showing us that creating a better world, can create a worse one. Although it's fictional, it does speak some truth. In the beginning, the novel is confusing because it talk mainly about the Penfield mood organ and the rarity of animals; before explaining to us who Deckard is and what happened during and after World War Terminus. I have to say that overall, the book bored me, it didn't grab my attention because it took too long to get to the point. However, I do recommend reading Blade Runner if you're interested in post nuclear war setting. The plot of the story has been used in other works such as; IRobot and District 9, if you're interested in those types of stories, you would love to read Blade Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment