Tuesday 9 June 2015

Journal Response #2: What effect does this book have on me? Does it excite me, confuse me, bore me? If so, why?

This book bores me, to be honest. When Aydin described this book (and film) to me, he made it seem like it was this AMAZING action book that would keep you on your toes the entire time. Therefore, I read this book with high expectations of excitement and action. With all that in mind, I kept reading, assuming that the book would get better, waiting for more trepidation, more adventure, and I was left with boredom and confusion. Is Deckard a replicant or isn't he? It was never explicitly said in the book, so I don't know. The effect that this book has on me is that I would never, ever, recommend it to anyone that enjoyed reading books such as Divergent and The Hunger Games. It took so much for me to finish this book, heck it took a lot to get past the first few chapters, but I kept saying to myself "just wait, there'll be something really good soon, just wait for the climax of the book!" I got to the end of the novel and wondered if I had missed something, if pages from my copy were ripped out, but alas, no, it was just a boring book. It was boring and that was a shame, considering I had such high hopes for it.

All in all, it's just another book like Cinder, a book that was recommended by people who said it was great and seemed good by the blurb but ended up boring me to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment